For the Skin: Two Presents {At The Spa}

Cosmetics Olay

What does my skin say to me? Sometimes that it still believes I am a teenager (I am faaar from that), sometimes that I never drink enough, sometimes that it hates the sun, sometimes... sometimes... sometimes.

Sometimes, I admit I just don't know my skin and use whatever comes to hand. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I can tell by its reaction: greasy and dull? It's a no. Springy and light? It's a yes.

Straight from the London suitcase of our friends came two products: Olay Regenerist 3-point Super Serum and Olay Regenerist Eye Roller. Given my rather hectic days (I know, I am not allowed to say this because I am a stay-at-home mom at the moment, I know), it's been quite some time since I last listened to my skin or anybody else's in the family for that matter, being more often than not trapped in rather down-to-earth issues. 

So, cappuccino cup in hand and dreamy eyes wide open, I asked my skin: "Are you ready to give it a go?"
-- "Yes, let's roll!"

Cosmetics

The serum - this cure-it-all new product - is working pretty well: non greasy and easy to apply, it smoothens the skin rather visibly and makes it easier to apply the next cream in line (foundation for me); the eye roller is not having any visible effect, but this may well be due to the fact that my tired and sleep-deprived eyes are beyond recovery. I am willing to accept that and acknowledge what THEY are telling me.

These two presents have helped re-instate some kind of beauty routine, left aside little by little, without even noticing at times, some months ago... 

I promise: I will listen...more often...more openly. 

Signature


N.B. None of my posts are sponsored in any way. I choose the products I happen to have around and whether or not I want to name them or discuss them. Thank you.

Credits: The Daydreamer

4 commentaires:

  1. Ahh Olay, my grandmother swore by this brand! She had the softest most supple skin... (wish my skin would have loved it as much as hers did). I try my hardest to listen to my skin, though many tubes and creams later, it still has much to tell... ;) Hoping these two Olay products work for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Catherine, Some time ago I gave my mother an Olay product and she loved it. I am glad to have to opportunity to try new products every now and then - all the more as I am pretty loyal. Some dermatologists say that it is better to change routine in order to get results, I am not so sure this works with me though... Or maybe we should just let our skin be?

      Delete
  2. I am a strong believer in all the stuff commercials are promising me when it comes to sell me stuff....no more wrinkles in a day? Perfect -give it to me! Luscious hair in a week -great!
    I now make time and money (!) ans see a cosmetician....
    Hope the wonders of Olay will work for you and in combination with some sleep.....Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so keen on my usual products that usually only presents make me leave my habits aside - they are a good opportunity to try something new. A lovely week to you too :-)

      Delete

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?