The night walk

It is pitch dark, not a sound comes from outside aside the splashing of heavy rain drops on the street and the window panes. It is raining so heavily, it is ever so warm under the duvet, but I cannot sleep. I open one eye, then the other. Let's take a night tour, with senses barely alert. The wooden floor is not cold, it feels friendly and inviting - no slippers needed. The wood does creak a bit, but I manage not to disturb hubby's peaceful sleep. I can barely see, the sleepy eyes are still not used to darkness and somewhat the eyelids refuse to lift... I feel my way to the door, open it slowly and spot the familiar patch of light on the floor in the corridor: street light. Carefully, I start walking down the corridor; let's check on doggy. I cannot see him - brown fur on brown pillow - but I hear his deep and regular breathing. A flash of light: I recognize the apartment now, briefly, violently lit up by a lightning. I hold my breath and wait for what I think is the inevitable thunder; is the storm close? Maybe not... A few seconds go by and the noise comes crashing down.

Time to tiptoe back to bed!

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Let me hear about your daydreams!

 

What's in the archive?